Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Black Bean Mango Quinoa Salad


My favorite dinners are the ones where I've managed to prep all of the ingredients the night before or the morning of, so I can come home at the end of the day, shake everything out of tupperware containers into a giant bowl, whisk a salad dressing together, pour, toss and serve. This salad was inspired by my mother's recent dinner of a quinoa-black bean-sweet potato salad; I decided to use mango instead of sweet potato as the splash of orange in my dish. Delicious, healthy and perfect for a summer meal! 

Black Bean Mango Quinoa Salad
1- 1.5 c. cooked black beans (see previous post)
2 c. cooked quinoa (it may have been more, all I know is that I started with 1 c. raw, cooked it in 2 c. water and used it all)
1-2 bell peppers, chopped (red or yellow)
1 large mango, chopped (phillipine)
cilantro, chopped
optional: 1-2 avocado, fresh corn kernels

Dressing
1/3 c. canola oil

4 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp cumin
2-3 limes, juiced (~1/3 - 1/2 c.)
1-2 minced jalapenos (membranes and seeds removed)

Toss all salad ingredients together. Whisk dressing together. Pour over (not necessarily all the dressing to start), toss, taste, and adjust as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment