Thursday, September 15, 2011

Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake

Chocolate Espresso Goodness
This cake was my hopeful attempt to recreate the cake I made 3 years ago for wife's birthday. I had baked her the most decadent flourless chocolate cake, dusted with powdered sugar, and served with raspberry coulis. Everyone raved about it. I have looked and looked and looked and to my despair, can't seem to find the recipe I used to make the cake. So I finally settled for Epicurious' Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake.
The cake was incredibly dense and rich, and I loved the espresso taste, but it wasn't quite the same. I did finally figure out that the instructions to serve the cake cold made it seem much heavier and not as tasty as when a piece is microwaved for about 35 seconds! Even better is drizzling a bit of a strawberry puree made of frozen strawberries, lemon zest, and a little bit of cointreau.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment