Monday, September 12, 2011

Cheesecake pops

So this party that I was talking about - should I give the full run-down of foods made? Starting on the Saturday before hand, I baked two types of crackers, and then during the week proceeded to tackle all of the following: mango salsa, vegan cashew cheese, eggplant dip, kefir dipping sauce for a fruit platter, vegan meat balls with vegan BBQ sauce, artichoke cheese dip, flourless chocolate espresso cake, vegan mint chocolate cupcakes, and cheesecake pops. Of course I didn't manage to get a picture of either table full of food :(  Bad planning once again on my part. But I did get some super nice shots of the cheesecake pop process - probably because it went on for SOOO long.
Dipping the frozen cheesecake pops

The wow/cuteness factor (not to mention the tiny popsicle sticks!) definitely made the effort worth it. My only comment about the cheesecake produced by this recipe, is that it seemed a little dry - whether from over baking, or because it needs to be a bit more solid to cling to the popsicle stick well, I don't know. Also for the dipping chocolate, I did not find the amount of vegetable shortening added realistic at all. I added the shortening and then kept stirring in small quantities of canola oil until the chocolate was a dippable consistency. I used a chopstick to drizzle lines of chocolate of the opposite color over the dipped cheesecake pops.

The finished product - so arty!

No comments:

Post a Comment