Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Warning: May Crack Under Pressure

One item of great importance re: my last post on no knead bread. After 4 months of using my corningware ceramic casserole dish for no knead bread, it has developed a huge crack down the centre rendering it unsafe for further bread (or cooking). So this is my warning to the rest of you: a cast iron pot/dutch oven is a necessity! And now I must go buy one in addition to a new casserole dish. If only Le Crueset were reasonably affordable, this is what I would be buying:
Instead I will resign myself to the far more practically priced KitchenAid version and hope they are on sale at Canadian Tire!

Also - I have tried the molasses-oat version by substituting spelt (1/2 c. rolled spelt and ~ 1/4 c. ground spelt soaked with the boiling water and molasses) and very much enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment