Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tie altering!

Not a food picture!  Surprised?
So here are some before and after shots of converting (in my best attempts) my overly large wide ties into some skinny ties that I will be super excited to wear with my pinstripe vest!  The first tie (the light pink) was much easier to work with than the second tie, since finished. The dark pink tie seems to be a silkier material that shows every little needle prick and pulling of thread! To my unskilled eye I did a 98% perfect job at getting the nice half diamond shape at the bottom of the tie to be symmetrical. Good enough! No one else will be looking that closely:)

All in all this was a great two evening project. One to pick apart the tie, pull out the thin lining and cut it down, then iron the new fold lines for the tie and try to as invisibly as possible sew the tie closed :)  Then re-iron and hang.

No comments:

Post a Comment