Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Furniture!

The past month has been filled with new furniture - a table, a bed frame, and a couch! Furniture that for the first time makes me think as I edge towards 31 I might be approaching adulthood finally.

This is our kitchen table, which was found online, the most fabulous if not completely solid wood table that can be expanded to four different sizes! It can seat 2, 4, 6 or possibly 8 if you're willing to sit really close to one another :)  The only complaint I have is that the leaves are not stored within the table but this is as close to perfect a table for our apartment as we can get. It is just wonderful to actually be able to seat four people, their plates and cutlery, and the actual serving dishes on the table for once!
 
So it doesn't perfectly match our chairs ...
 
but it does match our kitchen shelf!

AND we got a couch! A real couch never owned by anyone previously! From a real furniture store! The only downside so far is that they forgot to deliver the legs, which are coming next week.  I love that the couch has a modern feel to it without sacrificing any plushy comfort. We now fight over it every evening - who gets to stretch out on the couch and who gets stuck with the futon. No, not  really since our perfect couch is vastly spacious for two and can also comfortably fit three within its loving arms. Now if only we can keep convincing the cat that she is not to set her paws upon this couch! I'm convinced she just waits until I leave for work to curl up on it though...

The gloriously comfortable and perfectly positioned to watch movies from Emily's computer new couch

I will post photos of the bed, but I was too lazy to make it this morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment